1. Chair Running
- Sit on the chair and extend your legs outwards. Keep your toes pointed and your arms bent at your sides.
- Pull in your abs tightly and hinge it backwards till you feel the shoulder blades lightly grazing the back of your chair.
- Bend your right knee upwards, towards your chest, and turn your left shoulder inwards, in the direction of your knee. You will feel your right elbow pull slightly behind. Now, quickly switch to your other side.
- Keep repeating the move as fast as you can. Do 15 reps for each side.
2. Chair Squats
- Stand in front of the chair, and lower the backside as if you are about to sit down.
- Hold your arms ahead of you and parallel to the floor. Keep your palms facing downwards.
- Push the hips gradually behind with your knees fully bent and take a seat.
- Refrain yourself from getting too comfortable. Lift yourself back and return to your original standing position.
- Ideally, aim for 2 sets x 15 reps.
3. Chair Crunches
- Scoot over to the end of the chair. Get a firm grasp on the sides of the bottom of the chair.
- Lean back until you can feel your abs engage.
- Extend both the legs outside. Bend your knees and pull them towards your chest.
- Do a set of 15 to 20 reps.
4. Skater Switch
- Sit exactly at your the edge of the chair. Bend the left knee sideways, extending your right leg in a straight line, with toes pointed.
- Extend your arms, thereby leaning forward slightly. Let your right arm reach the inside of your left foot while simultaneously raising your left arm up and behind your body, causing your torso to twist. Now, rapidly switch sides.
- Do 15 reps for each side.