Ever wondered what causes that double chin , which we often end up naming.( I would’ve named it cyrus , though i don’t have one). According to Wikipedia double chin, also known as submental fat, is a common condition that occurs when a layer of fat forms below your chin. A double chin is often associated with weight gain, but you don’t have to be overweight to have one. Genetics or looser skin resulting from ageing may also cause a double chin.
So what do we do, below are some tips for double chin?
- THE KISS
- While standing, tilt your head back and look toward the ceiling.
- Pucker your lips and “kiss the ceiling.”
- Hold the kiss for five seconds.
- Relax your lips and return your head to a neutral position.
- Repeat this 15 times.
- THE TENNIS BALL EXERCISE
- Place a tennis ball against your throat and hold it there with your chin.
- Press your chin as tightly against the ball as possible and release slightly.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Do the tennis ball exercise for a double chin twice a day to help keep your under-chin area toned and slim.
- JAW RELEASE
- PLATYSMA TONE
- HEAD LIFTS
- Lie face-up on your bed with your neck on the edge of the bed and let your head hang relaxed off of the side.
- Contracting the muscles at the front of your neck, slowly lift and curl your head toward your chest as far as you can while keeping your shoulders flat on the bed.
- Hold for 10 seconds, then, being careful not to let your head drop, slowly relax your neck to return your head to the starting position. That’s one rep.
- Complete three sets of two reps each, sitting up between sets to prevent dizziness.