Yeah, you read that right! Bananas can very easily be used as a hair conditioner to smoothen and soften your hair. Even if you’re using those chemical-based products, this would replace it for good. Now, why would you do that, right? The answer to this query of your is quite simple. The chemicals in the conditioners available in the market would do more harm to your hair rather than nourishing it. Now, you don’t want something like that to happen! The next question you must have on your mind is how will banana help you to condition your hair. Well, bananas posses moisturizing property, which helps them penetrate deep into the scalp to hydrate your hair. They contain vitamins like A, E, and C and natural oils which prevent split ends, improve hair growth and improve hair’s elasticity. They are rich in potassium and antioxidants too. They contain about 75% of the water which naturally moisturizes your hair. They’re also capable of reducing hair fall and making your hair bouncier and shinier.
Now that you know how it works, let’s begin with the recipe.
1. 2 or 3 bananas (Depending upon the length of your hair)
2. 2 tablespoon of Honey
3. 2 tablespoon of coconut milk
4. 1 tablespoon coconut oil
5. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
6. Few drops of Rose water
7. If you wish you can also add 2 tablespoons of yogurt along with bananas. This will give you a thick base for the conditioner.
Steps to follow:-
1. Cut the bananas into small pieces and put them in a bowl.
2. Add coconut milk and honey and mix well.
3. Add coconut oil and olive oil to the mixture.
4. Blend all of the mixture using a blender and prepare a uniform paste.
5. Add few drops of rosewater for a pleasant fragrance.
How to apply?
1. Comb your hair making them tangle free.
2. Dampen your hair.
3. Apply the conditioner from the roots to the ends using a wide comb.
4. Put a shower cap and leave for about 30 minutes.
Rules for washing it out:-
1. Rinse your hair well so that there’s no paste left.
2. Shampoo your hair as usual
3. Let them dry naturally.
Benefits of banana hair conditioner:-
1. It is cost effective.
2. You don’t have to spend much time preparing it.
3. Easy to make.
4. Bananas deeply conditions your hair.
5. Honey hydrates your hair and is a natural humectant. It moisturizes your hair and also promotes hair growth.
6. Coconut milk contains antioxidants and fats that fortifies your hair and gives them volume.
7. Coconut oil and Olive oil gives hair a shine and deeply conditions your hair.
8. The fragrance of rose is very pleasant, making it worth applying to your stands.
Try using this conditioner once in a week. It would work wonders for dry and brittle hair. Why risk your hair with chemicals when you’ve so much already gifted by nature. Switch to this banana based conditioner and restore your hair with it’s natural shine.