Essential oils are no news. But, their broad application can be. Many people consider it to be just a part of aromatherapy, and remain unserved by their other advantages. Each essential oil is unique, and so are their uses. They’re not just confined to aromatherapy, but have a lot more varied uses.
If you’re not aware of them, you’re in a big loss. And it’s never too late to grab this small yet useful knowledge. So, let’s begin.
1. Peppermint essential oils to relieve pain
• If you’re suffering from a headache, and you’ve some peppermint oil at home, then you’ve nothing to be worried about. Just mix several drops of it to your cream and massage it into your temples.
• If you suffer from menstrual cramps, add 2 drops of peppermint oil into tea leaves. Brew it after a couple of minutes and find relief.
• A toothache can be treated by mixing 2-3 drops of peppermint oil with vegetable oil. Apply the mix to the aching tooth using a cotton sponge.
2. Citrus essential oil to promote weight loss
• Adding a few drops citrus essential oils to an air purifier or fragrance lamp will not only make your home smell pleasant, but will also decrease your appetite.
• Mix some drops of citrus oil with vegetable oil (flaxseed oil or olive oil), and use as a salad dressing. It’ll help you to get rid of the toxins inside your body.
3. Tea tree oil for clear skin
• This is an effective acne treatment that you’ll ever find. Mix castor oil with flaxseed oil (1:3), add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil, and apply to your skin. For better results, steam your skin with a hot towel, and remove the remains of the oil. The black spots will get removed too.
• This oil is also helpful in getting rid of toenail fungus. Just apply it on the affected spot.
• A cold sore on your lips can be treated by applying a thick layer of a cream mixed with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil.
4. Lavender essential oil for insect bites
• Apply lavender essential oil as a perfume when going for a camp or anywhere outside. The aroma will simply scare the insects away. It’s also safe for the pregnant women’s.
• If there are moths in your closet, put cotton balls sprayed with lavender oil on the shelves.
5. Jasmine essential oil for silky hair
• Jasmine oil is known for it’s aroma and for creating a romantic atmosphere and intensify mutual attraction. One can use it in scented candles too.
• Add jasmine oil to your regular massage oil to make your skin tender and smooth.
• Add 4-5 drops of oil to your shampoo or hair balm to nourish and soften your hair.
6. Eucalyptus essential oil for your health and immune system
• Eucalyptus oil can easily relieve swelling of the nasal area. Use 1-2 drops to gargle for a sore throat and 3-4 drops for inhalation.
• To ease a cough, mix 4-5 drops of oil with an alcoholic solution, and apply a compress.
• Mixing eucalyptus oil with vegetable oil can give you relief from bruises, light hematomas, and blisters.
7. Fir essential oil for a clean home
• Conifer aromas can easily clean and disinfect the air at home. Apply some oil to a cotton ball, and suck it into your vacuum cleaner. While you use it, your home will fill with a pleasant aroma.
• These essential oils can easily remove the toughest odours. Just add several drops of oil to a bowl of salt, and put it in a smelly place.
• Add several drops of oil to dish soap to make your plates and dishes shine.
Despite your efforts to pick them correctly, you can easily be fooled while buying essential oils. So, do not buy them at pharmacies or supermarket.
Make sure that your essential oil follows the following requirements:-
1. It has an ISO or GMP certification ( good manufacturing practice)
2. The label must contain the following names: 100% Essential Oil, Pure Essential Oil, Pure and Natural, and no other wordings.
3. The bottle should be made from a dark glass (50% shading) and must have a dispenser on the neck.
If you use them wisely, they’ll give you enormous benefits. So, try them and if you’ve already tried them, do tell us your views in the comments.