Soft, silky hair is every girl’s dream.But hectic city life, traffic pollutants and stress ruins the beauty of the hair.But don’t worry to get back natural softness and shine to the hair, you don’t have to buy expensive products or spend heavily at salons.Just you have to grab a few basic ingredients from the kitchen and you are ready to transform your dull, damaged hair into gorgeously silky, smooth and super shiny hair with this amazing hair mask.
How Banana hair mask works?
Banana hair mask will put plenty of moisture back into your stressed tresses. With tons of antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin Bs and other goodness, bananas are great for your hair.
Benefits of Banana Hair Mask
• Deep conditions hair and hydrates every strand
• Leaves hair feeling soft, silky and shiny
• Encourages faster hair growth
• Tames frizz and fly-aways
• Greatly reduces split ends
• Adds elasticity, manageability and shine
• Helps with dandruff and scalp dryness
Recipe for banana mask:
Making banana mask is more like making a banana shake, you blend it to a smooth paste. And instead of drinking it you apply it on your hair.
You will need:
• 1 ripe banana (2 if you have long hair)
• 2 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
• 2 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 cup full-fat milk (you can also use coconut milk or yoghurt)
• 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
• 1 teaspoon lime juice (optional)
• 1 egg/yolk (optional, for body and volume)
Pick a ripe banana (s), put it in a blender (or use a stick blender). Very ripe bananas work best for this recipe. Then, add honey, coconut/ olive oil, and milk and blend really well. You don’t want any chunks, just smooth paste of creamy consistency. This will make it easier to rinse out.
How To Use:
• Apply this mask starting at roots and working your way to the ends. Slather as much as you can, making sure you have covered every bit of your scalp and hair. Wind your hair into a loose bun if long.
• Put on a shower cap or wrap a towel around your head to prevent dripping all over your house.
• Leave this on for about 30 minutes. While you wait for 30 minutes.. you can read a book, listen to some soothing music, watch your favourite show or sit in a bath. I chose the last option. I put some sea salt and a few drops of lavender essential oil and soaked in for a relaxing bath.
• Then rinse hair thoroughly and shampoo as usual. You may not need to condition your hair (see how your hair feels).
• Let your hair air dry.
• And enjoy your beautiful hair
1. If you want to save yourself the hassle of blending the banana, just use banana baby food puree. Open the banana puree bottle, add the remaining ingredients and mix well and you are ready to go. This will also save you from banana bits sticking to your hair.
2. I read this somewhere if you do not want the banana to stick to your hair: split the banana in half lengthwise and scoop out the centre black seeds, and then use for the mask.