You are a woman who wears many hats on any given day. The go-getter at the office, a doting wife and mom at home, a party hopper with friends, and not to forget, an agony aunt to your domestic help, Kanta bai… Gosh! There’s so much of juggling to do in everyday life that you hardly have any time left for personal grooming.
But lovely ladies, taking care of yourself is as important as taking care of your loved ones. After all, you want to look your best every time you step out of your home. Whether it is for seeing your kids off to school, enjoying Sunday brunch with family or chilling out at a beach holiday with the beloved, you’ve got to look and feel confident every single moment of your life!
Here’s to a beautiful and confident you – in 13 easy tips!
1. Wonder how fashion models achieve gorgeously curled eyelashes? Let’s crack it for you. To keep your eyelashes curled for longer time, warm them with a hairdryer.
2. And finally, to remove your makeup before you go to sleep, use coconut oil. It’s natural and good for your skin.
3. Here’s a fantastic hack if you want your skin to glow instead of looking cakey when using foundation. Just add a little moisturizer to your foundation! You will love the natural glow in contrast to the ‘greasepaint’ effect of foundations.
4. Want a luscious pout for your next selfie? Peppermint essential oil is the answer. Add a little to your lipstick to achieve supple and fuller looking lips.
5. Never discard old eyeshadows. Instead, add them to transparent nail paint and – voila! You have created a unique tinted nail polish for yourself.
6. Feeling nervous wearing your new pair of shoes for the fear of nasty blisters and shoe bites? Use talcum powder! It eases your feet in without trouble. Besides, every time you remove your shoes, your feet will smell good.
7. Late for a date night and realize your mascara tube is almost empty? Here’s a simple solution! Add some salt solution and put the mascara tube in warm water. You are now saved from the rush of last minute shopping.
8. Do you desire healthy and radiant skin with minimal effort? Here’s how you can get one instantly. Simply add 1 tsp. of baking soda to your face wash gel for a magical rejuvenation of your skin.
9. Are you about to throw that nail polish bottle because the paint has thickened? Stop! Keep the bottle in hot water for 5 minutes. Shake it and then apply. Brilliant, isn’t it?
10. If you have been squeezing those pimples to get rid of them before the get-together next weekend, try using eye drops instead! Put some drops on a cotton wool and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then apply it to your pimples and watch how they vanish!
11. For those who have greasy hair and realize at last minute that they have run out of dry shampoo, here’s a hack! Sprinkle a small amount of rye flour or talcum powder on your head and then comb.
12. Your eyeliner can actually play a double role. If you don’t have an eyeshadow, draw lines with eyeliner and smudge them. Lo and behold – instant smoky eyes!
13. Did you know your hairspray can also be used for styling your eyebrows? Just apply the spray with a mascara wand.