Everyone loves a good hack. Who doesn’t want to know a shortcut to save time. Makeup is an entire process, with several carefully executed steps, leading to a radiating final look. Even the slightest amount of callousness in a single step can wreck the entire process, and may force one to wipe their face clean and begin again from scratch.
Makeup as complex as it sounds is an irreplaceable part of a woman’s life. Who doesn’t want that glorious glamorous look to outshine? But millions of women around the world often find themselves in a quandary when they are running late for a birthday party, a meeting or a date and rush through applying their makeup, only to end up with clumpy eyelashes, smudged eyeliner or an unsatisfying final look.
So to help you through the perfect look and to save your time following are some tricks that will get your makeup done on point.
You want voluminous, thick and stunning eyelashes for the social event you have planned for the evening. Try the following:
- Place the edge of the business card on the bottom of your lid where your eyelashes begin.
- Using the edge of the business card, pull your eyelashes up. This will make the tips of your eyelashes perk up and level with the surface of the card, blocking the mascara wand’s contact with your eyelids.
- Apply the mascara generously, allowing the extra product to smear on the card.
You can use the same trick on your bottom lashes. Pull your lower lid down with the edge of the card and apply that mascara all over the length of your lashes without fear!
Dry, chapped and flaky lips are a common problem, especially during the dry winter months. Every woman suffers an occasional case of rough, moisture-craving lips that no amount of lip smacking seems to cure.
The situation gets worse when you’re getting ready for a social event or a business meeting and you just can’t get your lipstick on right. It accentuates the cracks in your lips and can irritate the skin. Matte lipsticks especially make the dryness appear starker, while a glossy lip shade manages to conceal it under its shine.
Here’s a quick fix:
- Dampen a toothbrush with water.
- Apply a little coconut oil on your lips.
- Gently exfoliate your lips with the toothbrush for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your lips with warm water.
- Apply a lip balm (optional).
- Apply lipstick.
Some days, you might just want to let your personality shine and wear an upbeat color of eye shadow to work or a lunch date.
However, looking at your uninspiring palette of shadows might banish this mini-aspiration to the ground, and before you know it, you are sporting the same understated shade of blue or metallic.
It’s the look you usually prefer, but some days just call for a dash of radiance.
Here’s how you can brighten up your eyes without splurging on another palette:
- Apply white eyeliner to your entire eyelid.
- Apply the eye shadow in the color of your choice.
You will notice the difference right away.
A common challenge many women face is getting your lipstick to stay on longer. It just doesn’t happen. Furthermore, if you’re occasionally drinking and eating while at an event, your lipstick will fade even faster.
A simple trick can give you a long-lasting shade of lipstick and save you the trouble of escaping to the ladies’ room every other minute, or the embarrassment of applying and reapplying lipstick in public.
Here’s what you can do:
- Apply a lipliner, the same shade as your lipstick, all over your lips.
- Apply your lipstick.
- Place a tissue or blotting paper over your lips.
- Dip a makeup brush in some translucent powder, and dab it over the tissue onto your lips.
You will get a more matted finish on your lips and your lipstick will stay on longer.
You might have undergone a trillion trial-and-error sessions attempting the perfect winged eyeliner. A winged eyeliner instantly jazzes up your eyes – perfect for those who are into edgy fashion.
- With the front of the spoon facing toward your face, align the handle with your lower eyelashes.
- Adjust the handle to angle it according to how steep you want your eyeliner wing.
- Start drawing black eyeliner in a line along the handle from the outermost corner of your eye. Make the wing as long as you want.
- Adjust the handle again, and put it along the tip of the line you just drew and cover two-thirds of your eyelid in a perfect triangle.
- Draw a line along the handle with eyeliner again.
- Fill in the triangle with the liquid liner for the perfect wing.
You might wake up and notice the bags under your eyes are especially horrid today. You were really counting on making a statement at the big business meeting you had today and needed to look your presentable best. You have no time to cover them up with makeup, so what do you do?
This genius beauty hack is a quick fix you can use to reduce puffiness from your eyes when you are short on time.
- Drink some green tea – always a fantastically healthy start to your day!
- Take 2 used green tea bags, rinse them under water, and refrigerate them for 10 minutes, or until they are cold.
- Apply them under each eye for 5-10 minutes.