Are you embarrassed to wear sleeveless tops? Do your dark armpits make you self-conscious? Are you worried the products and grooming habits you keep are making this problem worse?
If you’re here you must have heard about the clarifying and lightening properties of baking soda. Here’s some good news…
It’s true you can use baking soda for underarm whitening.
Baking Soda is one of many underarm lightening methods that help to get rid of this problem. Don’t fall prey to commercial lightening lotions or gels —the chemicals present in those can do more harm than good.
You can always rely on home remedies which are safe and, best of all, effective in removing dark underarms for good.
How to Use Baking Soda to Whiten Underarms
Listed are few home remedies using baking soda that help you in achieving whiter, softer and shinier underarms in no time.
1. Baking Soda with Milk
• Mix one tablespoon each of baking soda and milk.
• Apply this paste on underarms and gently massage in circular motion.
• Repeat this process in every 2 days for quick results.
2. Baking Soda with Avocado
• Combine 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon each of mashed avocado, honey, cucumber juice and 2 tablespoons baking soda.
• Mix well to make a fine paste.
• Gently apply the mixture covering underarms.
• After 10 minutes, rinse off with normal water.
• You can apply this mixture 2 times a month.
3. Baking Soda with Cornstarch and Vitamin E Oil
• Mix 1/4 tablespoon baking soda, 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, 1/2 tablespoon vitamin E oil.
• Stir well and apply this mixture on dark armpits.
• After few minutes, rinse off with water.
• Follow this process regularly for quick results.
4. Baking Soda with Lemon
• Make a paste combining 10 grams of baking soda with juice from half a lemon.
• Apply this paste on underarms and gently massage for 10 minutes.
• Let it dry and rinse it off with water
Note: Follow this process at least 3 times a week.
5. Baking Soda with Cucumber
In this combination, cucumber and lemon lighten the skin, baking soda removes dead skin and olive oil moisturizes the skin.
• In a medium bowl, mash few slices of cucumber.
• Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon baking soda and 3 tablespoon of lemon juice to it.
• Stir well to make a fine paste and apply this on underarms.
• After 10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
• Repeat this process regularly to lighten the skin under arms.
6. Baking Soda with Coconut Oil
This combination makes an amazing scrub for dark underarms. Baking soda exfoliates the dead skin and coconut oil nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
• Mix baking soda and coconut oil to make a thick paste.
• Gently scrub this paste in circular motion on underarms for few minutes.
• Let it rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
• Rinse with water and pat dry.
• Follow this method regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.